September 23 – December 3, 2017 – Youth Divisions
September 23 – November 5, 2017 – HS Divisions
San Diego Sol runs the largest and most organized youth leagues in San Diego. We offer A, B and C divisions to accommodate all levels of teams. We also offer flexible scheduling to accommodate your team’s needs. Our friendly and courteous staff will make certain that you have a wonderful experience in this league.
Due to the new school year, you MUST register your team again. This will be good for the entire 2017-2018 school year. Once you do this you will be able to see the “Register for Tournaments” button on the top right corner.
The roster form needs to be submitted before your first game…
How many teams advance?
The number of teams that will qualify for playoffs is based on how many teams are in the division.
- 1-5 teams in division – top 2 teams advance
- 6-8 teams in division – top 4 teams advance
- 9-12 teams in division – top 6 teams advance, if 2 pools (top 3 from each pool)
- 13+ teams in division – top 8 teams advance, if 2 pools (top 4 from each pool advance), top 12 teams advance if 3 pools (top 4 teams from each pool advance)
How are tie-breakers determined?
Two Way Team Ties.
- Two way ties are determined by head to head competition (a tie is defined as the same win/loss record).
- If teams did not play each other then the point differential tie-breaker will be applied (+15/-15: the maximum that you can beat a team by and still gain an advantage is 15 points).
- If two teams are still tied after the application of section 2 then the fewest defensive points allowed will break the tie.
- If there is still a tie after the application of section 3 then a coin toss will be implemented.
Three or More Team Ties.
- Three or more team times are determined by head to head competition IF each team in the tie has played each other. If all teams have not played each other then rule 2 applies.
- If section 1 does not resolve the tie then a point differential tie-breaker will be applied (+15/-15: the maximum that you can beat a team by and still gain an advantage is 15 points.). If all teams have played each other then only games played by the teams in question will be considered. If all teams have not played each other then all the games the teams have played will be considered. The team with the fewest points will be tossed out.
- The two remaining teams will then go back to the head to head tie-breaker.
- If no head to head is applicable then the point differential tie-breaker will be applied.
- If two teams are still tied after the application of section 4 then the fewest defensive points allowed will break the tie.
- If there is still a tie after the application of section 5 then a coin toss will be implemented.
10455 Pomerado Road, San Diego, CA 92131
Carmel Valley Boys & Girls Club
3800 Mykonos Lane, San Diego, CA 92130
- If you already have a log-in use this link to register. LOGIN
- If you do not have a log-in use this link to register. Creating a log-in allows you to manage your team from season to season without having to enter your information in every season. It also allows you manage multiple teams in one account. And you can pay for your teams later with an log-in account. REGISTER
- STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
We have boys 3rd – high school divisions and girls 4th – high school divisions.
Usually, we offer an A- advanced, B- intermediate and C-beginner level, depending on how many teams enter the league.
We do allow schedule requests. For example, if a coach coaches more than one team or if teams share multiple players. We do not guarantee all requests. Make sure your coaches understand they are “requests’ and not guarantees.
When filling out your league registration you will have the ability to request days off when you know your team will not be able to play (i.e.- away at a tournament, school field trip, etc.). But please understand that other teams requests may be the exact opposite of yours so you may need to be prepared to play on a day that is not preferred.
When a team reaches 10 fouls then you are in double bonus, meaning you get 2 shots. We do not do “1 and 1” at seven fouls in the league.
Each team will be allowed 4 timeouts per game. One additional timeout will be allowed for each overtime period. Regulation timeouts do not carry over into overtime.
Yes. The clock stops on ALL free throws and the last two minutes of the game. When a team leads by 20 points or more anytime during the game, a running clock will be used.
Yes, if your player meets the age requirement which is outlined rules section – League Rules. Players can always play up.
Yes, BUT your player must meet the age/grade requirements and your player cannot play on more than one team in the same grade division.
For example, your player can play on a team in the 6th A division and 7th A division (assuming that player meets the age requirements). Your player cannot play in the 6th A division and 6th B division as that is the same grade.
We use the rosters to verify that every player is eligible and is not playing on multiple teams. Rosters must be finalized and cannot be added to after your second game of the season. This ensures people aren’t bringing in players late, who have not been participating throughout the season, especially during playoffs.
The names and numbers are important as we pre-print every scoresheet and they have every players’ name and number on it.
Admission is $4 for each day. Seniors are $3 and children under 10 are free.
The number of teams that will qualify for playoffs based on how many teams are in the division.
1-5 teams in division – top 2 teams advance
6-8 teams in division – top 4 teams advance
9-12 teams in division – top 6 teams advance, if 2 pools (top 3 from each pool)
13+ teams in division – top 8 teams advance, if 2 pools (top 4 from each pool advance), top 12 teams advance if 3 pools (top 4 teams from each pool advance).
No. If a coach/player receives two technical fouls or is ejected from a game they need to sit out one complete game. If a coach gets one technical foul they need to sit down the remainder of the game.
A player fouls out with 5 fouls. They are NOT allowed to stay in the game or re-enter under any circumstances. A team may play with as few as 3 players without forfeiting the game.